Monday, April 16, 2012


My name is Sharon Cemeno Hicks and I am a Republican candidate running in the General election for Will County Board. I am not a politician. I am a wife, a mother, a nurse and an honest, concerned citizen fighting behind the scenes as an activist to bring accountability and fiscal transparency to local, state and national government.

My family has been blessed to be in the Joliet area since the late 19th century. We have owned and operated Cemeno’s Pizza here since 1976. Being a family run business, we have felt the challenges of cumulative tax increases and heavy regulations.  With this in mind, I will fight for lower taxes to ensure Will County creates a vibrant atmosphere for continual business growth and job creation.

Being a nurse for almost 30 years has given me the opportunity to serve people in our hospitals, clinics, homes and schools. Through these experiences I have learned to be an advocate; not for doctors or hospital administrators, but for the patients.  I promise to take that same attitude and approach as your Will County Board representative; I will be an advocate for you the taxpayer, and not for special interest groups and or other politicians.

I believe that we have to hold our elected officials accountable. If I am fortunate to be elected as your County Board Representative, I too, expect to be held accountable by you.  As an elected precinct committeeman, I have attempted to do that by informing my precinct of the issues and candidates who will best represent them. As a Will County Board member I will be a responsible voice for our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment